You know how the saying goes, “Black don’t crack,” well although I’m black I can’t even front, I know sometimes this is a bald head lie, plain and simple. There are many African American’s that just don’t age well. Period. BUT, as a whole I have to say my beautiful people of color age pretty damn good compared to other races. While I don’t want to make this out to be a black/white issue, posting posts and viewing pics of celebs all day long I can’t help but see how gracefully we tend to age. Although I can’t go through every single average Joe walking down the street, I can however pick out celebs.
Check out a list and gallery of celebs that have aged gracefully below!
12. LisaRaye, 43. Though she sometimes annoys me, I’d officially be a hater if I didn’t give the woman her props. She is 43 and fabulous!
11. Common, 39. Proving that some of the high yella fellas still got it, Mr. Common sense will forever hold the subtle sex appeal of an African king and the wisdom of an old soul. I can’t even front, I was surprised myself when I saw how close to 40 he is, it doesn’t even matter because he still has “it.”
10. Oprah Winfrey, 57. Although she’s no Miss America, I will say that to be approaching the big 6-0, she sure doesn’t look like it. I mean don’t get me wrong, she’s no 37 but she also doesn’t look like she’s almost 60.
9. Halle Berry, 44. Although I get extremely tired of hearing about her beauty, I simply can’t deny it. She’s absolutely more beautiful now as a 44 year old mother, then she was as a pageant girl at 18, in my own personal opinion.
8. Stacey Dash, 45. This woman at 45 looks exactly like she did when she played Deon on “Clueless,” if not better. The woman is absolutely gorgeous!
7. Phylicia Rashad, 63. Mrs. Huxtable hasn’t changed a bit, everything from her beauty, style, grace, and class is still in tact, without a hair out of place!
6. Gabrielle Union, 38. For a woman kissing 40, She still could pass for 25. No lie.
5. Angela Bassett, 52. The soon to be 53 Angela Bassett, has been a staple for the beautiful black actress for years. Not only that but the woman has arms that will put Michelle Obama’s to shame.
4. Blair Underwood, 46. Without a wrinkle in sight Blair Underwood is to black women, what George Clooney is to Caucasian’s, in other words–all of that! This man still looks just as good as he did in “Set It Off,” when he was pouring wax down Jada Pinkett’s back, and chile I am not mad. At all.
3. Jada Pinkett-Smith, 39. Though there’s much speculation as to whether or not she’s had work done or not, one thing you cannot say is that if she didn’t throw some dookey braids in her hair or cut it short to a fade, she could still look like she did back in 1995.
2. Will Smith, 42. I’d be lying if I said Will looks exactly like he did during his fresh prince days, but he does look amazing to be in his forties.
1. Nia Long, 40. In my eyes, Nia Long exemplifies beauty! I’ll nominate her as the most beautiful woman in the world over Halle Berry any day, no lie. This woman looks better pregnant at age 40 looks better than Lindsey Lohan at 25. Don’t believe me, take a look at the gallery.
All I have to say is, thank God for the melanin in my skin!
Peep the gallery below:
Do you think black cracks? Who do you believe should’ve made the list?
Also, add me on twitter @arieinthecity and on facebook at Ariel Crockett!
WSS and Adidas Team Up for Holiday Toy Giveaway December 2!!
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Enter The IJustGotHit Christmas Bike Giveaway!
Are Donna Summer's Kids Fighting Over Her $75 Million Fortune?
Serena Williams Shares A Rough Day on Social Media, Fans Respond With Love And Support
Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler Recipe
Loaded Chicken and Potatoes
Angela Simmons Looks Like Money On Stage With Yo Gotti During A D.C. Stop Of The ‘Gangsta Art Tour’