Ingredients via foodnetwork.com
- 12 to 14 cups 1-inch cubes day-old white bread, such as French or Italian
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups whole milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
- 1 recipe Whiskey Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the bread in a large bowl. Grease a 9 by 13-inch casserole dish with the remaining tablespoon of butter and set aside.
Combine the heavy cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and raisins in a large bowl. Whisk to mix. Pour the cream mixture over the bread, and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes. click here to read more
[WATCH IT HERE] Ali Siddiq 'The Domino Effect II: LOSS'
Beyoncé Pens A Sweet Message To Blue Ivy After Renaissance Performance
Who Knew? Rocsi Diaz And Joe Take Their Romance On Vacation
Are Donna Summer's Kids Fighting Over Her $75 Million Fortune?
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Plastic Surgeon Linked To Jacky Oh Is ‘Liposuction & BBL Specialist’ With Negative Online Reviews
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Creamed Spinach Tortellini and Shrimp