1) First of all, there WILL be a holiday party at your company– there’s roughly and 86.5-percent chance! Recent surveys have found that as many as 83% to 90% of companies are planning to throw holiday parties this year. Lots of companies cut them during the recession, but now they’re back.
2) But people will be really apathetic about it– there a 95-percent chance! A survey by jobs site Glassdoor found that only five-percent of employees really cared about having a holiday party, even if there was an open bar.
3) There’s an 80-percent chance your office party will have booze. Four out of five office holiday parties plan to serve alcoholic beverages.
4) There’s a 100-percent chance people will get drunk more quickly than they realize. British scientists found that drinking at a bar or friend’s house isn’t the same as drinking at work. When you’re in a place you don’t normally associate with drinking, they found, you act more drunk.
5) There a 99-percent chance your office party will not have caviar and French champagne. Surveys have shown that while holiday parties are popular this year, they won’t be very extravagant.
6) There’s a 59.8-percent to 72.2-percent chance that an extramarital affair will begin at your office party. According to a survey from Ashley Madison (the “dating” site for married people who want to cheat), 72.2-percent of women and 59.8-percent of men who have cheated on their spouses with a coworker say it started at the office holiday party.
7)The party has a 43-percent chance of taking place at lunch. Only a third of parties will take place in the evening, while 43-percent will be lunch affairs. The remaining quarter of festivities will then take place at other times – like on a weekend or, if your company’s particularly awkward, in the morning. (BuzzFeed)