Original recipe makes 16 servingsChange Servings
- 1 (16 ounce) packageJohnsonville® All Natural Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, well drained and sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Check All Add to Shopping List
- In a skillet, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough to a 16-inch x 12-inch rectangle. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Combine cream cheese and garlic, spread lengthwise over center third of dough. Top with the sausage, peppers, olives and cheese. Fold dough over filling, pinching seam to seal. Make slits across top of dough every 2 inches. Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.