If your child attends Claughton Middle School in the Spring ISD, your kid has the day off today.
That’s because an industrial sized package of hot dog buns near a heating bin in the school’s kitchen had caught fire.
The bin also caught fire. The school will be closed today so that the kitchen and cafeteria can be cleared and to make sure smoke is completely cleared out of the building.
Classes will be held tomorrow Thursday.
The Harris County Fire Marshal is investigating the fire, which appears to be accidental.