After years of trying to fit in with athletes who have a slender frame, Serena Williams now knows she was born to stand out! In a new interview with The Times, the 34-year-old champion shares that she’s finally embraced her voluptuous body.
Most high school girls don’t have the world watching them go through puberty. Serena, however, has been playing professionally since she was 14-years-old. “When I was younger, it was hard seeing all these thin athletes when I had more muscular curves and was big-busted” she said.
“Just try running with DDs that are bouncing seven inches up and down! It’s distracting, not to mention dangerous, because you can tear ligaments.”
“I know I get flack for my physique and it has been a struggle to love my body, but now curves are in and I’m happier in myself” she said.
Serena is definitely our #BodyGoals! Beauties, what are you doing in the New Year to live your best life and to be a happier, healthier version of yourself?
Serena Williams Attends Sports Illustrated's Sportsperson Of The Year Ceremony
1. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. 14502785867656Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. 14502785887787Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. 14502786160102Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. 1450278173556Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. 14502781875377Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. 14502785580835Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. 14502785516236Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. 14502782032022Source:Getty 10 of 10
#BodyGoals: Serena Williams Declares, “Curves Are In!” was originally published on hellobeautiful.com