According to The Weather Channel,
The first hurricane and storm surge has been issued along parts of the Southeast coast for Hurricane Florence.
Cities and counties effected by this information so far goes as follows:
South Carolina to the North Carolina- Virginia border (including Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, the Outer Banks and Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds.
With this type of watch, it’s imperative that you finalize your hurricane preparedness plan and be ready to use if necessary.
A storm surge watch has also been issued for the same areas, meaning there could be a potential for life threatening storms with the incoming of Hurricane Florence in the next 48 hours.
This is what we know so far about Hurricane Florence:
- Florence remains a dangerous Category 4 hurricane.
- A strike on the Carolinas will occur Thursday into early Friday.
- Hurricane and storm surge watches have been issued.
- A life-threatening storm surge is expected with landfall.
- Massive inland rainfall flooding is also expected from Florence lingering into next week.
- Tropical-storm-force winds may arrive as soon as late Wednesday night.
- Florence is also generating dangerous surf and rip currents along the East Coast.
Hurricane Florence is set to hit the Carolinas with destructive winds and massive inland rainfall and flooding. The Weather Center is calling this one of the strongest strikes on record for this part of the East Coast.
Please continue to listen to 105.3 Old School and R+B for the latest on Hurricane Florence and our local news partner Fox Charlotte 46.
- [WIN] Special Screening Of If Beale Street Could Talk feat. Q&A With Director Barry Jenkins
- Voices At Urban One Honors: What Does Jermaine Dupri Mean To Da Brat
- Voices At Urban One Honors: Jade Novah Is Becoming More Than A Viral Sensation
- Voices At Urban One Honors: Brandy Honored & Ray J Breaks Down Nursery Rhymes At Urban One Honors
- Voices At Urban One Honors: Jermaine Dupri Breaks Down The Moment He Created So So Def
- Voices At Urban One Honors: Elle Varner Is Looking For “Ellevation” In 2019
- ‘Power’ Crewmember Killed In Location Accident In Brooklyn
- Is This Why Michelle Williams Called Off Her Engagement To Pastor Chad Johnson?
- Tennessee Supreme Court Rules Cyntoia Brown Must Serve 51 Years Before She’s Eligible For Release
- Beyonce Was Hired By An Indian Billionaire To Perform At His Daughter’s Wedding