Patti Labelle is a legend in many disciplines and our Majic Under The Stars performer has graced everything from television to film. But she’s also a legendary cook. Every day leading up to Majic Under The Stars on October 20th, we’ll be sharing some of Patti’s favorite recipes!
Today’s recipe? Apple Peach Cobbler. With the holidays slowly upon us, everybody is going to want to try to throw down their best pies, cobblers and more. But there’s only one Patti Cobbler. Join us and Patti at Majic Under The Stars on October 20th! Tickets are on sale now in the link below!
RELATED: On SALE NOW: Majic Under The Stars 2018
RELATED: Patti LaBelle’s Over The Rainbow Mac And Cheese Recipe
RELATED: Patti’s Recipes: Sweet Potato Pie
- Butter-flavored cooking spray, for coating the baking dish
- 3 pounds Fuji apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- One 16-ounce can sliced peaches, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large orange, for zesting
- 2 packages ready-made pie dough (2 dough pieces in each package; roll out 3 dough pieces to fit a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; reserve the fourth piece for another use)
- 2 large egg yolks, whisked
- 1 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apples, butter, agave and salt; mix and let simmer down for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool down.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cooked apples, peaches, cornstarch, almond extract and cinnamon and mix well. Zest half of the orange into the mixture and mix again.
4. Place one of the rolled-out pie crusts in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake until very light brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and add about half of the fruit filling to the baking dish, filling it about halfway. Cover the fruit with the second pie crust. Bake until golden brown, another 10 minutes.
5. Add the remaining fruit mixture, filling the baking dish to the top. Cover the cobbler with the third rolled-out pie crust and pinch it to the rim of the baking dish to seal. Cut 3 slits across the top of the crust, brush on the egg yolk and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Zest the remainder of the orange over the top.
6. Bake until the fruit juices are bubbling and the crust is a dark golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Join Our Text Club To Get The Latest Music, Entertainment, Contests And Breaking News On Your Phone