Patti Labelle is a legend in many disciplines and our Majic Under The Stars performer has graced everything from television to film. But she’s also a legendary cook. Every day leading up to Majic Under The Stars on October 20th, we’ll be sharing some of Patti’s favorite recipes!
Today’s recipe? Patti’s Famous Fried Chicken. Sunday dinners are made for Patti’s famous dishes and her fried chicken is beloved all over. Join us and Patti at Majic Under The Stars on October 20th! Tickets are on sale now in the link below!
ON SALE: Majic Under The Stars 2018 Tickets
- 1 quart canola or vegetable oil
- One 3-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Seasoning salt and black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, optional
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Special equipment: a deep-frying thermometer
1. Add the oil to a large, deep frying pan over high heat; heat to 350 degrees F on a deep-frying thermometer.
2. Generously sprinkle the chicken on both sides with some seasoning salt, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon black pepper and the cayenne if using. Put the flour in a plastic or paper bag.
3. Two pieces at a time, add the chicken to the bag and shake until coated in flour. Shake off the excess flour and place the chicken in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to absorb the excess oil.