Patti Labelle is a legend in many disciplines and our Majic Under The Stars performer has graced everything from television to film. But she’s also a legendary cook. Every day leading up to Majic Under The Stars on October 20th, we’ll be sharing some of Patti’s favorite recipes!
Today’s recipe? Patti’s Famous Fried Chicken. Sunday dinners are made for Patti’s famous dishes and her fried chicken is beloved all over. Join us and Patti at Majic Under The Stars on October 20th! Tickets are on sale now in the link below!
ON SALE: Majic Under The Stars 2018 Tickets
- 1 quart canola or vegetable oil
- One 3-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Seasoning salt and black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, optional
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Special equipment: a deep-frying thermometer
1. Add the oil to a large, deep frying pan over high heat; heat to 350 degrees F on a deep-frying thermometer.
2. Generously sprinkle the chicken on both sides with some seasoning salt, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon black pepper and the cayenne if using. Put the flour in a plastic or paper bag.
3. Two pieces at a time, add the chicken to the bag and shake until coated in flour. Shake off the excess flour and place the chicken in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to absorb the excess oil.
Majic Under The Stars feat. Tyrese, Tamia, Tamar Braxton AND MORE! October 21st
Jeezy Files For Divorce From TV Host Wife Jeannie Mai
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
PV vs Grambling: State Fair Classic 2023 Saturday Sept. 30
Sha’Carri Richardson Rocks Natural Hair During Diamond League Final 2023: ‘I Had To Pull Out The Natural’
Smothered Creamed Spinach Chicken Recipe
NYFW Exclusive: Korto Momolu Combined African Culture With JOANN Fabrics To Make “Ink & Ivory” For SS24
Win Passes To Cedric The Entertainer LIVE Sept 27 at Rockhouse Southern Kitchen