A grand jury returned 16 federal counts of disorderly conduct against Jussie Smollett for allegedly staging a hate crime attack in January.
According to CBS Chicago, the grand jury returned the indictment on Thursday.
Last month, Smollet was charged with a disorderly conduct count for allegedly staging a racist and homophobic attack last month.
Smollett’s next court date is reportedly scheduled for next week.
- Local High School Football Star Arrested On Aggravated Robbery Charges
- 5 Black Women To Consider For Next Supreme Court Justice
- Prime Time: Deion Sanders Has Been Tapped To Be A Head Coach At A Historically Black College
- Examining Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Complicated Legacy On Race
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead At 87
- Gary’s Tea: Is Cardi B. Faking Her Divorce For Her New Album? [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Today Is National Black Voter Day [WATCH]
- National Black Voting Day
- Patti Labelle Remembers The Time She Kicked Off Her Shoe And The Heel Landed In Her Knee
- Nene Leakes Reveals She Won’t Return To ‘Real Housewives Of Atlanta’ For Season 13
Jussie Smollett Charged With 16 Felony Counts By Grand Jury was originally published on tlcnaptown.com