The 31-year-old model recently shared her story with Oprah Winfrey as part of the iconic talk show host’s new Apple TV + series Oprah Talks COVID-19.
According to Page Six, Sabrina was tested the morning she went on Oprah’s special.
“I’ve been tested — actually, I found out this morning, Oprah, that I tested positive,” she said on Saturday (March 21).
She added she wasn’t surprised by her diagnosis.
“As soon as I heard that Idris was potentially exposed, I was on my way anyway and I wanted to be with him, I think that’s an instinct as a wife you just want to go and take care.”
“We didn’t change the way we interacted. I could have made a decision to put myself in a separate room or maybe stay away and I’m sure people are making those decisions, they’re tough decisions to make. But I made the decision to want to be with him and still touch him.”
Idris also wasn’t shocked by his wife’s diagnosis either.
“If I’d caught it, she’d certainly caught it as well,” he said.
Take a peek:
View this post on Instagram
Like millions of people all over the world, I've been staying safer at home for over a week now. I know a lot of people are feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and uncertain. Because of that, I wanted to offer some hope and gather thought leaders and people going through it to add some perspective. Which is why I FaceTimed Idris Elba and his wife Sabrina who are safely quarantined together after he tested positive for COVID-19. Idris fills me in on his journey and Sabrina reveals the result of her test after they decided to quarantine together. Tap the link in my bio to watch our conversation for FREE on the Apple TV app (on your phone) or visit apple.co/oprahtalks
What did disturb the married couple was that neither one was showing any signs or symptoms of the virus when they tested positive. In the meantime, Sabrina says they are staying in and enjoying each other’s company, including Idris serenading folks with his guitar.
“You know what? He’s not bad. I don’t mind him playing it. It’s kind of romantic,” she said.
Sending all the get well wishes to the beautiful couple! Stay safe, inside and healthy.
Stream Sabrina’s Oprah’s COVID-19 episode for free here.
LEARN MORE about the coronavirus epidemic, how to protect yourself, symptoms and more at cdc.gov.
Social-Distancing Diaries: How Your Favorite Celebs Are Holding Up At Home
1. Loni LoveSource:Instagram 1 of 36
2. Idris ElbaSource:Twitter 2 of 36
3. Halle BerrySource:Instagram 3 of 36
4. Noelle Robinson & Girlfriend Alexis PowellSource:Instagram 4 of 36
5. Lala & KiyanSource:Instagram 5 of 36
6. Ciara & Baby Boy FutureSource:Twitter 6 of 36
7. Draya7 of 36
8. Keke PalmerSource:Instagram 8 of 36
9. Rick RossSource:Instagram 9 of 36
10. Tisha CampbellSource:Instagram 10 of 36
11. Kerry Washington11 of 36
12. Cardi B12 of 36
13. Mariah Carey13 of 36
14. Mj Rodriqguez14 of 36
15. Tracee Ellis Ross15 of 36
16. Idris ElbaSource:Instagram 16 of 36
17. YandySource:Instagram 17 of 36
18. Savannah JamesSource:Instagram 18 of 36
19. Marsai MartinSource:Instagram 19 of 36
20. Ciara, Russell and their babiesSource:Instagram 20 of 36
21. Kaavia Union WadeSource:Instagram 21 of 36
22. Tamron Hall & Son MosesSource:Instagram 22 of 36
23. Aurora PerrineauSource:Instagram 23 of 36
24. Nene Leakes & Her FamilySource:Instagram 24 of 36
25. Porsha WilliamsSource:Instagram 25 of 36
26. Audra McDonaldSource:Instagram 26 of 36
27. LeToya LuckettSource:Instagram 27 of 36
28. Zoe KravitzSource:Instagram 28 of 36
29. Viola DavisSource:Instagram 29 of 36
30. Justine SkyeSource:Instagram 30 of 36
31. Cardi BSource:Instagram 31 of 36
32. Cynthia BaileySource:Instagram 32 of 36
33. Naomi CampbellSource:Instagram 33 of 36
34. Serena WilliamsSource:Instagram 34 of 36
35. LizzoSource:Instagram 35 of 36
36. Kandi , Riley, Todd and Ace36 of 36
Oh No! Idris Elba’s Wife Sabrina Dhowre Tests Positive For COVID-19 was originally published on hellobeautiful.com