There are many advantages of using baby walker. One is to be proud of giving a valuable gift to the babies and the baby will be happy inside it.I must say that I am not a fan of baby walkers. All four of my godchildren learned to walk without them.
We used the old fashioned method of standing behind and holding their hands while they attempted to walk. The oldest fooled us all, when she sat next to the coffee table pulled herself up and used the table as her guide. Many children learn that way.
Parents do believe that if anyone is there to take care of the child in a walker then the risk of accident us comparatively less, but this is comparatively not correct. Because with the help of a walker a child can easily move from one corner of the room to the other so that if the door is half opened or slightly opened the risk of an accident to break the head or to fall down is comparatively more.
Before buying an expensive walker think of the following:
- The recent studies brought out that children who uses the Baby walker will walk slower that the others. So that there will be a difference of about 2 to 3 weeks.
- Usually the bones above to that of knee help in walking but the child who uses the baby walker is done with the help of the bones below the knees.
- Since the child in the baby walker keeps on walking the tendency of manual walking arises slowly only. So the child may not even get the balance of walking. Hence, they walk later than that of others.
- Many walkers are designed in such a way that the baby cannot see their legs while walking. They cannot even recognize that they walk with the help of their legs.
- The children even show some different mode of walking than that of an ordinary child. The legs of those child are bended than that of an ordinary child. So that the way of walking may change and even becomes difficult to change as that of an ordinary man.
- Within a few time the child can reach wherever he needs with the help of the walker.So that the other members of the family should be aware of this fact and should not keeps poisonous or any such items to their reach. Dangerous things like knife, needles, pins etc have to be kept safe elsewhere. Items such as sharp-headed furniture, door sides are to be always noted that they are moved from the way of fully opened so that to avoid accidents to the little ones.
Good luck and tell us how it turns out in the comments below. We would like to hear your tips.