Solange ended a crazy Black History Month with the revitalization of BlackPlanet.com by releasing exclusives and insight into her newest project ‘When I Get Home’.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Just after the release of ‘When I Get Home’ Solange broadcasted a multimedia presentation all over Houston on her BlackPlanet.com page explaining that the project is a nod to her Texas roots and pride in her blackness.
Days later Solange released the visual for ‘Almeda’ putting the black people and black pride of Houston on display through the visual.
Although many times Solange has symbolism that we don’t understand ‘Almeda’ has a few obvious parallels to her life. The title alone is an area of town where Solange spent a lot of time and the Almeda Mall was a landmark she has referenced on social media. In the visual, you will notice a lot of the women wearing hairstyles that were popular in the 90’s. We assume this is a nod to her mother that ran a popular hair salon in the area for many years. The fashion in the visual also has touches of southern style with cowboy boots, hats and bolo ties. From throwback 90’s hairstyles, throwback cell phones to black cowboys, ‘Almeda’ embodies how Houston impacted Solange’s creativity as a black woman.
‘Almeda’ features Playboi Cardi and The Dream on the track produced by Pharrell and John Carroll Kirby.
The full-length visual for ‘When I Get Home’ can be seen on Apple Music and was filmed across various locations of Houston’s Third Ward.
- Listen: Serato, UNDEFEATED & TEC Leimert Create Audio Affect Series ‘Beat Tape’ With Rising Black & Brown LA-Based Artists
- Watch: New Trailer Released For Amazon MGM Studios’ ‘Challengers’ Starring Zendaya
- Mr. ChimeTime Says Eminem’s ‘Mom’s Spaghetti’ Is “The Worst”
- ‘Love Is Blind’ Couple Lauren And Cameron Hamilton Talk New Season, And Their Formula To A Sweet And Spicy Relationship
- Béyonce, Blue Ivy And Mama Tina Dazzle In White At Cécred Launch Party
- Jam Master Jay Murder Trial To Conclude Sooner Than Later
- Trump’s Fury At Snoop Dogg Nearly Sunk Clemency Petition: “F*ck Him”
- Jackson State Paid $800K To End Decades-Long HBCU Football Tradition, Documents Show
- Former Rockets Player Robert Reid Dead at 68
- Reesa Teesa’s “Who TF Did I Marry?” Story Has TikTok In A Frenzy
Former Rockets Player Robert Reid Dead at 68
Rodeo News: Bun B Confirms Too Short and E-40 As Performers For All-American Takeover March 12
Win The Ultimate Big Game Watch Party Experience - Win $250 In Food and Beverages!
Win $250 Cash PLUS Tickets to See DJ Cassidy's Pass The Mic LIVE Feb. 17th
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Gary Owen's Estranged Wife Kenya Duke Puts Him On Blast Amid Divorce
Radio ONE Welcomes Madd Hatta Back To Majic 102.1