Once lovingly referred to as “America’s Dad” due to the massive success of his hit family sitcom The Cosby Show, fallen actor Bill Cosby has spent the last three years in prison following a 2018 conviction for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004.
Cosby, now 83 years old, hoped to avoid serving the full ten years of his sentence, as the The Pennsylvania Parole Board considered his application for an early release at a May 11 hearing.
On Thursday (May 27), news broke that the board rejected Cosby’s petition to be released, citing his refusal to participate in a therapy program for sexually violent predators.
“We knew he was going to be rejected. He called me and told me that if he didn’t take the course, he would be denied,” He has maintained his innocence from the beginning.” Wyatt said.
The Board also noted that Cosby received a negative recommendation from the Department of Corrections.
Despite being behind bars, Cosby’s Twitter page is occasionally updated. Back in March, a post was made from his account updating followers on the status of his appeal.
Last June, Wyatt told members of the press that his client’s guilty verdict was an indictment on not just Cosby, but of all people of color in the United States.
“As we have all stated, the false conviction of Bill Cosby is so much bigger than him — it’s about the destruction of ALL Black people and people of color in America,” Wyatt said. “We’re extremely thankful to our attorneys for their tenacious efforts in fighting for the vindication of Mr. Cosby.”
- Enter The IJustGotHit Christmas Bike Giveaway!
- Scammer Alert: No Pay For Play At Majic 102.1
- Enter to Win The Mostyn Law – Get One, Give One Holiday Giveaway
- Win Tickets! New Jack City LIVE Returns To Houston January 13-14th
- Win Passes To Private Movie Screening of Renaissance at a Secret Location
- 50 Cent Faces a $1 Billion Lawsuit from “Real-Life Ghost”
- Majic Crew Attends ‘The Color Purple’ Advanced Screening!
- One Night Only! DJ Cassidy’s Pass The Mic Live: Saturday, February 17
- Usher Gets Emotional During Final Las Vegas Residency Show
- Sha’Carri Richardson Honored At 2023 USATF Awards: ‘Everything Happens When It’s Supposed To Happen’
- Shaunie Henderson Debuts A New Blonde Look
- DC Young Fly Opens Up About Grief After The Passing Of His Partner Ms. Jacky Oh
Bill Cosby Parole Request Denied By Pennsylvania Board Over Refusal To Attend Therapy Program was originally published on newstalkcleveland.com
WSS and Adidas Team Up for Holiday Toy Giveaway December 2!!
You Must Ask Your Daughter’s Boyfriend These 10 Questions
Enter The IJustGotHit Christmas Bike Giveaway!
Are Donna Summer's Kids Fighting Over Her $75 Million Fortune?
Serena Williams Shares A Rough Day on Social Media, Fans Respond With Love And Support
Loaded Chicken and Potatoes
Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler Recipe
Angela Simmons Looks Like Money On Stage With Yo Gotti During A D.C. Stop Of The ‘Gangsta Art Tour’