Once lovingly referred to as “America’s Dad” due to the massive success of his hit family sitcom The Cosby Show, fallen actor Bill Cosby has spent the last three years in prison following a 2018 conviction for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004.
Cosby, now 83 years old, hoped to avoid serving the full ten years of his sentence, as the The Pennsylvania Parole Board considered his application for an early release at a May 11 hearing.
On Thursday (May 27), news broke that the board rejected Cosby’s petition to be released, citing his refusal to participate in a therapy program for sexually violent predators.
“We knew he was going to be rejected. He called me and told me that if he didn’t take the course, he would be denied,” He has maintained his innocence from the beginning.” Wyatt said.
The Board also noted that Cosby received a negative recommendation from the Department of Corrections.
Despite being behind bars, Cosby’s Twitter page is occasionally updated. Back in March, a post was made from his account updating followers on the status of his appeal.
Last June, Wyatt told members of the press that his client’s guilty verdict was an indictment on not just Cosby, but of all people of color in the United States.
“As we have all stated, the false conviction of Bill Cosby is so much bigger than him — it’s about the destruction of ALL Black people and people of color in America,” Wyatt said. “We’re extremely thankful to our attorneys for their tenacious efforts in fighting for the vindication of Mr. Cosby.”
- Enter The ‘Soul Purpose’ Musical Sweepstakes
- Divine Sisterhood: A Conversation With The Cast Of ‘Soul Purpose’
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s “Caught Up” | Episode 51
- André Leon Talley Was A Black Superhero
- Justice For George Floyd: Prosecutors Face High Legal Standard In Ex-Cops’ Federal Civil Rights Trial
- Silk Sonic Just Revealed The Dates Of Their Upcoming Las Vegas Residency for 2022
- Kathy Taylor & Tony Grant Of ‘The Temptations’ Joins Houston Gospel Stage Play, ‘Soul Purpose’
- Wendy Williams New Health Update Alleges Memory Loss, Inability To Dress Herself & Spiraling Functionality
- Roberta Flack Recovers From Breakthrough COVID-19 Infection
- Hot Spot: 2022 NAACP Image Awards Nominations Are In + André Leon Talley Passed Away [WATCH]
- Dr. Collier Shares An Update On How To Receive At-Home COVID-19 Tests For Free [WATCH]
- Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade’s Chemistry Is Undeniable In These Sexy Birthday Pics
Bill Cosby Parole Request Denied By Pennsylvania Board Over Refusal To Attend Therapy Program was originally published on newstalkcleveland.com